We are growing our team and are seeking mature, experienced software professionals to support our various technology initiatives for our US based clients.
- Provide system and server administration services to an operation consisting of approximately 200 users: duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products. Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery
- Support the identification and resolution of automation and information technology hardware and software issues and problems for approximately 150 desktops and laptops.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Domain controllers with Active Directory
- IIS servers
- Configure and deployment of Microsoft Exchange server
- Experience with IP PBX such as Asterisk, Freeswitch etc will be a huge plus
- MS Server Operating System (must demonstrate proficient using the latest two versions)
- Experience with creating software images
- Data backup of severs
- Documentation related to security and system configuration
- Continuity of operations
- Disaster recovery plans
- Hardware Installation
- Performing Hardware/Software upgrades and configuration
- Conducting integration tests
- Writing documentation
- Providing customer service support telephonically and electronically
- Training and guidance in the operation of supported intelligence websites and portals
- Customer support-desk functions, and related tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
You can write to us at email@example.com or call me at (91) 9664243313.
Please DO NOT apply if:
- You feel like a fish out of water without a well-defined traditional corporate structure
- You consider taking out the trash as being below you
- You’re accustomed to using the phrase “it’s not part of my job description”
- You don’t enjoy beer pong with the team!
- You can’t get a passport or don’t like to travel abroad.
Please DO apply if:
- You have the desired experience (this is not a learn on the job position)
- You’re a doer – not a manager, a coordinator, or an idea person – but someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well
- You are a “go to” person because you’re reliable, creative, resourceful, a good decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people your peers know
- You’re accustomed to a small company environment including wearing many hats and managing way too many things at any given time
- You’re articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy (this does not mean familiarity with Microsoft Office)